Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

RecycleMonster


We bring cartons, bottles and cans to the play school that The Little Girl is enrolled into as materials for arts and crafts sessions. 

The recyclable materials have often come home as Eric Carle's Very Hungry Caterpillar or a train or a flower. Creative results that never cease to amaze me.

Unfortunately, my nightmare lies with accumulating and storing the materials for at least a week before bringing those recyclable materials to be dropped off at play school, once weekly.


(Before: traffic hazard)

*insert ashamed face here*


(After: milk and drinks storage at most bottom shelf, paper & carton in Samla Box with lid on second from bottom shelf, plastic bottles and cans in Samla Box with lid on middle shelf, Phillips Airfryer on second from top shelf, extra toilet rolls, kitchen rolls and tissue paper boxes go on the top shelf upon return from the grocer's before being placed into the cupboards). 

In my haste, I forgot what the Ikea shelf is called as it was an impulse purchase one desperate morning. I'd prefer it in white to blend in with the rest of my fixtures and I would love to spray paint it but I am having so much on my plate right now.

I really wish that Jenny Komenda can help me out with suggestions as to how to DIY this little space into something prettier!


0 comments:

Post a Comment