Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2016

My "Me Time"

During my recent 2D/1N "holiday" at Prince Court, I truly took time off to enjoy my own company. First time in 7 years!

It started at the reception office itself where I presented my NRIC and Prudential card for check-in/registration. An overly-friendly, chatty and nervous new staff who works as the welcoming hostess then walked me to my ward.

This particular ward comes with a nice view of the city skyline, a real treat for my tired eyes.


The floor carpet had been replaced with laminated wooden floor, which I prefer because the amount of dust is almost zero compared to carpeted ward where The Other Half was last month. Bravo, PCMC!

What did I do?

Enjoyed the city view.

Enjoyed the art installation on the wall:

Then it was flurry of change to OT purple robes, being cleared for OT, being wheeled to OT holding room on my wheely bed, being briefed about GA and breastfeeding afterwards, being wheeled and transferred onto OT bed. Bismillah and I was "switched off".

An hour later, I "switched on" and saw the exit door, felt the warm blankets in observation room and being wheeled back to my ward. It was a good sleep.

Lunch was served, the nurses came to remind me of my bath and as soon as I was able to go to the toilet without dizziness, they left me to "enjoy" my "me time". They remained a buzzer press away and came for routine temperature/BP monitoring.

I slept. I ate. I drank water. I re-watched Sex and the City 2 The Movie. 

The kids FaceTime-d me and Bean slept without me for the first time in his life. It was a milestone. I slept as soon as The Other Half texted to let me know Bean dozed off after 99 Green Bottles reached 45.

I am so convinced now that Allah swt hears and answers our prayers. How He answers those prayers is entirely up to Him.

I have been feeling low, exhausted and prayed for an opportunity to recharge. This one single night away brought me closer to Him, rekindled that lost spark with The Other Half and reinforced my bond with the kids. All I needed was an uninterrupted stretch of good quality sleep to feel myself again.

It was a good lesson. Syukur alhamdulillah.



2 comments:

  1. Alhamdulillah!!! U need more "me" time. But not hospital "me" time next time ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah. Some "we" time soon InshaAllah!!

      Delete