Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Gratitude: He Knows Best

Surah At-Takathur, Ayat 1 of The Holy Quran States that," The mutual rivalry for piling up of worldy things diverts you."

My file at my beloved NatOilCo has been closed after 60 months. It feels like closure in a comfortable sense. Syukur alhamdulillah

An attractive offer for partnership at a new law firm has been duly considered and declined. Thank you for the generous offer, my soul sister. It is perhaps not my rezeki just yet, as I truly practice 100% commitment when it comes to legal practice. Syukur alhamdulillah

A few family-related investment decisions that adversely affected me indirectly has reached a stage of my redha as to His Blessings. Once the thorns of envy and greed were removed through His assuring words in the Al-Quran, love and light followed. May better blessings come our way, Amin

He Knows Best, indeed. He Listens and He Answers. Sure, there were challenges and tests along the way but ultimately He has placed me in His perfect spot to serve His Purpose. Having the confidence to solely rely on Him is my lesson to learn. It took me a few painful tumbles at first but I am beginning to fully appreciate the reasons behind His Will, and He had sent me appreciation of the above quoted Surah to constantly remind myself. 

Surah At-Takathur, Ayat 5 of The Holy  Quran further states that, "Nay! If you knew with a sure knowledge (the end result of piling up, you would not have occupied yourselves in worldy things)."

I can now focus on my current portfolio and do my best without much distractions. I am happy with what is my plate, neither craving for more nor rejecting any excess on my plate. Continued professional education courses calendar for the year has been finalised too, and I am starting to reserve suitable subjects to explore for this year. Syukur alhamdulillah for personal and professional growth.

As usual, I am truly grateful for being able to work from home and have the flexibility to care for my family (young, not so young and young-at-heart all inclusive). Syukur alhamdulillah.

The highlight worth noting is the recent uplifting of depressing fog that hovered over me. It was a painful purge but the outcome is so worthy of the temporal inconvenience. Syukur alhamdulillah.

I did promise myself to be more positive this year and those baby steps are coming along. I am truly grateful for His Hidayah without which this peace in my heart would have been impossible. Syukur alhamdulillah.

Here is wishing you a happy and prosperous year, my lovelies. Also, welcome back to another fresh start, Yee Sang tosses and lion dances!

P/S: Please feel free to correct my quotation if tafseer is wrong. I am eager to learn. Thank you!



2 comments:

  1. Salam Hampshire Mummy,

    I always remind myself and Zahed that we must always have faith in Allah for He knows what is best for us. There are times that we feel down when we see other people's success but I quickly convinced ourselves that Allah will definitely give me the rizq, that He has fixed for us. :I

    Have a happy & prosperous year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan L,

      Thank you for your kind and soothing share. May your blessings be bountiful too!

      Delete