Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Snippets: Surah An-Nas

"Say: Truly, my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are all for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds." Surah Al-Annam Ayat 162 of The Holy Quran.

The Little Girl was being tucked into bed and after reciting our shahadah, Surah Al-Fatihah and Surah Al-Ikhlas, I started introducing her to Surah An-Nas. 

Just a short recitation, with short tafseer of the word King aka Malik. She could relate to this as she started to digress to her favourite topic of princesses. She also knows examples of Jin from The Blue Genie in Aladdin. Very Disney, and slightly veered off course, so I had to find another angle. 

From her facial expression, I could tell she was getting nervous about having to memorise another Surah so I promised her that this is even shorter than Al-Fatihah, which she can recite sweetly. Sure, we both need to improve on tajweed! 

"Mummy, I cannot do it. I don't think I need to pray yet, I am not 7 yet."

Oh, how my heart ached and my patience quotient rose sky high upon hearing this! She articulated every fear I have about long and complicated Solat. I fear failing as a Muslim mum! The next 2 years are vital in terms of preparation! 

But SubhanAllah my prayers were immediately answered. I found a post that reassures and guides me as how to guide my little Amanah slowly but surely.

If you are interested, or face similar challenge, do look this up: http://www.simpletips4mom.com/?p=420

SubhanAllah! Such a timely find. I will try to link it properly when I have access to the laptop.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the site :) My OH has the habit of taking Laith with him whenever he goes to the mosque (except for Subuh prayers). Though Laith has given him the green light to splash water on his face if he doesn't get up during Subuh prayers :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan L,

      SubhanAllah that is a good practice (mosque part!) LOL the water sprinkle sounds like a classic LOL. May Laith grow up to be a soleh man, amin!

      Delete