Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

Heart My Girl


The Little Girl has been feeling down, having tantrums and went on hunger strike recently. 

I made her some heart shaped omelette for dinner last night and when she refused to eat them, I felt like this:


Yes.

Heart-broken! Emptiness and void in my own heart as I tried to put myself in her shoes, seeing her mummy and daddy spend so much time taking care of her baby brother. 

Having to keep her joyful loudness under control so as not to disturb the slumber of her only sibling.

Having to grow up over the last 4 months as the baby is not going back to where he came from.

Having to share is tough in the mind of a 3.5 year old drama queen.

So tough that she gets day time tantrums and night time terrors in her sleep.

Growing up is hard to do. If only she knows that we have not loved her any less.

Not one bit.

In sha Allah, she will some day. It is my heartfelt prayer that that someday better come sooner than later! Amin!



0 comments:

Post a Comment