Pages

Friday 30 January 2015

Faith Friday: Reversion Anniversary

"Let there be no compulsion in religion; truth stands out clear from error whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things. Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness he will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith their patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (forever)." Surah Al-Baqarah Ayat 256-257 of The Holy Quran.

In sha Allah, come 7 February 2015, I will turn 6 as a revert. "This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." Quotes from part of Surah Al-Maeda Ayat 5 of The Holy Quran.

 I am still fairly new on this journey and my wish is for Allah swt to purify me further. It is amazing how every year, He allows me to be a stronger Muslimah, to Him I am eternally grateful.

May I be reminded of His Mercy, always. I am reading Surah Al-Kafiroon Ayat 1-6 with stronger conviction than before about monotheism. It is such a beautiful Surah for me to hang on to during troubled, lonely times when I seem to struggle on my own, for myself, in getting closer to Him. I know He will come closer at least double the effort that I put in so I must stay encouraged. The promise of His Help is a prayer or supplication away and truly, and His Answers always is timely.

Thank You for removing my Dunya distractions one by one, and all praise and glory be unto You for reshaping, remoulding me to best serve Your Purpose. Thank You for removing my dark days of hurt and replacing it with joy from within.

Let's look forward to a more meaningful and productive year ahead on this personal hijrah journey, may my devotion and acts of worship be increased to please Him, Amin!

2 comments: