Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

No Medical Leave

Every year just before Chinese New Year during the monsoon shift, I tend to suffer from dry, scratchy throat with low grade fever and general malaise. Despite drinking about 3L of lemon infused water,  I just feel under the weather.

As you may already know, a medical leave for a work from home mum is unheard of, and even if I am granted one by medical officers at emergency ward, The Little Girl and Bean are tough bosses who do not give me the day off, haha!

What can I do to combat these uncomfortable symptoms?



Lemon infused water (please excuse my tired looking organic lemon slices above), with a dash of cinnamon powder. I now use the bottled version of cinnamon powder for sake of convenience. Otherwise, I would bring to a boil 2L of water with 2 sticks of cinnamon then stir in some honey once totally cooled and garnish with a slice of lemon. Please do not stir honey into hot water as I have read that some beneficial properties of honey is lost through heat. In fact, I was asked not to use stainless steel spoon to scoop honey! 


The Black Gold, as many Muslim mummies can profess to the benefits of habbatus sawda with honey. If you know of a better concentration and formula, please do drop me an email or a comment. Just a spoonful to start the day with and I feel this truly works for me. I cannot remember the brand that was being promoted on Radio IKIM so I bought what I found at Tabung Haji HQ.

Spirulina needs no introduction. This particular one is greener than usual so I asked Google if spirulina is highly water soluble and green? The answer is yes.

The bottom line is water. Drink it. Wash your hands with soap and rinse well with running water. Take your wuduk if Muslim and believe in His ability to remove the seen and unseen sins and dirt. Stay hydrated, wash your hands, and remain healthy my lovelies! To those who are feeling under the weather, get well soon *sends virtual flowers*

2 comments:

  1. Salam,

    Funny you posted this because I just got back to work. Was given MC yesterday. the usual, cough, sore throat, flu and fever...

    Thank god the cough and sore throat is gone. I'm stuck with blocked nose in this very cold office sigh. Any tips on getting rid of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan L,

      I use Tonimer to irrigate nasal congestion and drop eucalyptus essential oil into Rainbow to ease blocked nose.

      Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete