Pages

Thursday 22 January 2015

The Spelling Bee

When I first saw the words list for spelling in English and Malay, I figured I need to find a fun game method of doing this with The Little Girl. 

Google search returned a treasure of online resources suggesting at least 20 suitable word games we could possibly try out with The Little Girl. Being me, I picked one of the easiest, hassle-free method. 

So we bought some label stickers, wrote the alphabets of the words given in random order and presented the entire sheet of sticker labels before her.

I then call out the word and let her stick on the alphabets to form the words. When she was in a good mood, she copied the words, and drew corresponding pictures. 


So far this method works for us, alhamdulillah. We know it works because she came home with all 15 correctly spelled words this week, SubhanAllah for those sponge brains! May Allah swt continue to shower His Hidayah upon her, Amin!



How do you play your spelling bee games with your little ones, my lovelies? Please do share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment