Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 21

"Your baby has been growing and growing, This week, your baby weighs in at about 370 grams, just shy of a pound. Your pregnancy is halfway through, and your baby still has a lot of weight to gain which will be his or her primary focus during the second half of your pregnancy.

Right now your baby is able to move throughout the uterus, flipping at will. Due to the increase in baby's weight, his or her movements will feel bigger, which can feel strange at times." - excerpt from The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion by Robin Elise Weiss with Dr. Marcello Pietrantoni.

My feet would swell sometimes during the day and I could no longer fit into my flat pumps. Luckily, I have a pair of Clarks' flat slip-on that is pretty enough for the malls but if ever invited to anything formal, a shoe shopping trip will be required!

My belly has also swelled considerably more than the weeks preceding this. The same people who met me and said "So small" would now comment "You have grown!". It felt weird to bloat up so suddenly but as long as Jr is doing well, I would not complain.

The increase in size inevitably led to shopping for bigger maternity clothes and bras. Luckily for me, the year end sale was on and we could purchase items for much less. Z and I also bought more baby items to pack for the baby bag eventually.

This was probably the week that also marked an increase in backache frequency for me, calling for more back rubs from Z! The rice sock that MIL stitched for me was put back on duty too.

Z and I have been conversing with Jr at night before we go to sleep and Jr would reply with kicks. At times when Jr tenses up, Z would place his hands over my belly and sing a short lullaby. Comfortingly, that seems to calm Jr down without fail *phew*
 
**Retrospective Wisdom: Those tensing up were Braxton-Hicks. I was soooooooooo silly not to recognise them right away.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment