Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 9

"Your baby is continuing to grow and develop. After a growth spurt, your baby now measures about thirteen to seventeen milimetres CRL. The toe rays are beginning to have toes and they are wriggling more.

If you were to look via ultrasound at your baby at this point, you would see the arms and legs and the baby moving. If you were to touch the outside of the uterus, your baby's home, your baby would move away from the touch.

The organ systems are still growing and the cones are still hardening. This work will continue for weeks to come."

This was the week I could stay at home peacefully (without work and deadlines from a dream job I so love, sigh) and catch up on my much needed rest. PukeFest was still in town but encouraging chats, messages and emails from friends really helped. Bloated and tired were two words best described me at week 9.

One nightmare that sent chills down my neck was one where I had my period and there were so much blood I thought I had lost the baby. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating, recited my shahadah and went back to sleep. The next day, I took another urine test just to see that the two lines were still there for reassurance, silly me! Needless to say, I was so relieved to see those two lines, syukur endlessly.
 
**Retrospective Wisdom: Pregnancy hormones or not, all my worst, vivid nightmares carried on throughout the entire pregnancy. As a reminder to self: Wise to say prayer for protection before sleeping next time.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment