Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 14

"Your baby is just about 13 centimetres long! Your baby's kidneys are producing urine, which is being excreted into the amniotic fluid that surrounds your baby inside the uterus. Amniotic fluid allows your baby to move about the uterus, practising flips and turns. Your baby also "breathes" the liquid in and out to practice for extrauterine life. amniotic fluid is the ultimate renewable resource, replacing itself every few hours." - excerpt from The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion by Robin Elise Weiss with Dr. Marcello Pietrantoni.

I could not really feel the baby's flips and turns exactly but there were times when lying down to sleep at night when I felt what was like flutter of butterfly wings or gas moving about in my uterus. Z, of course, could not feel it when he placed his palms over my uterus/formerly belly area.

The search for car seat and stroller also begun but no commitments were made just yet as we prefer to research a bit more and wait for the year end sale. With the average price of RM1,000 per item, I thought even a meagre 30% savings on each item would still amount to savings of precious ringgits!

The various tests done by Dr. Haris Hamzah have all returned favourable results but we continued to pray for a healthy and perfectly formed baby. My urine tests revealed some trace of protein requiring me to rest more. There is no glucose in urine which is a good sign. When I started complaining of cramps that ran along my left leg, Dr. Haris Hamzah immediately prescribed calcium with vitamin D supplements on top of New Obimin that I have been taking since Week 5.

My liking for mineral water that disappeared since Week 5 have yet to return. Although I was slightly worried about not drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water, Dr. Haris Hamzah assured me that as long as I am drinking juice, milk or other non-caffeine drinks, the baby would be just fine. Every time I "smuggled" mineral water into my system, the baby seems to react by making me really nauseated or throw up within minutes. From a person who drinks only luke warm or sans ice drinks, I turned into a cold or iced drinks only person! Ribena and iced lemon green tea were my favourites...
 
**Retrospective Wisdom: Wait for the sale, if you can/have time to wait it out. The baby fair may be well worth a visit or two as vendors put out their best wares at discounted prices for all the "New-Mother-Likey-New-Father-Pay" items. Happy shopping!**

0 comments:

Post a Comment