Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 26

"Your baby weighs nearly 900 grams. In addition to gaining weight, he or she is also busy preparing for birth. The skin on your baby is changing from transparent to more opaque. This means that you can no longer see your baby's veins clearly through the skin." - excerpt from The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion by Robin Elise Weiss with Dr. Marcello Pietrantoni.

We were so thrilled this week to see and feel Jr's mexican waves and kicks! I was amazed by how this little life is growing inside me and has his/her own mood/character! Some painful kicks to my ribs could now be felt too, so not all fetal movements were "enjoyable".

The ultimate complaints would be swollen feet and pretty bad backaches! The ironing board has been lowered so that I am able to iron some clothes while sitting down with the TV and aircond turned on. I wonder if all pregnant women feel the same backache? As I am not on any medication since pregnancy, I could only seek relieve from warm rice sock and rubs to reduce the backache.

Sleeping at night would not count as troublesome AFTER I fall asleep. However, it has been quite difficult to find a comfortable position. There has been a routine of stuffing pillows behind my back on the right, under my belly on the left and under my knees to tilt me sideways facing left; I wondered where could I find a body pillow? Usually, I would still have to readjust my sleeping position if there were "objections" from Jr, signified by jabbing kicks. Jr would settle down once we both have found a comfortable position. Normal sleeping hours increased to about 10 hours per night, with a few couple more hours of mid morning or early afternoon naps. Dr. Haris did not seem concerned with this sleeping habit as blood tests do not show that I am anaemic.

I have been feeling lethargic easily. After a short trip to the supermarket/weeding in the garden/cooking/laundry I would be resting with my feet up to reduce any swelling and backache. Photos sent by Dada or Kakak of healthy and happy Muhammad, my youngest nephew just born in early January 2010 were very encouraging indeed!

The search for baby names continues as we were not able to know for sure if Jr is going to be a girl or a boy. The next visit to Dr. Haris Hamzah hopefully, will reveal Jr's sex!
 
**Retrospective Wisdom: We did not opt for the all dimension scan, just the conventional dopple and ultrasound scan. Maybe if we were so blessed with another pregnancy, we may just do so!** 

0 comments:

Post a Comment